Last Open Seat

Out from the raindrops and onto the bus
There's an open seat near the back, and on the morning
commute that's always a plus

Sitting down, I get snug
As the bus departs forward - when suddenly a globule
of airborne water lands flush on my mug

You've got to be kidding, I thought
Buses are usually taken to be waterproof
when bus passes are bought

I looked all around to locate the drip
And successfully located it when two more great drops, originating
above and to the right, splash down on my hip

Well - at least now I knew where the leak was
But try as I might to inconspicuously dodge, with every
peculiar lurch and turn of the bus you can guess what
the next drop in line does

Still further along the bus stops on a hill
And the angle of the bus (combined with the roof's pore position)
assures that if only one person is to be rained on, I will

Apart from the rain - I thought - would be better
But though parts of me hadn't quite dried from outside,
still others were noticeably wetter

Under a roof should be dry, yet I'm the reciprocal
Isn't this just typical?

No comments: