New tattoo!

Perhaps you've seen the previews for this film Clash of the Titans. I don't want to waste precious blog space vouching for a movie with a Rotten Tomatoes score in the 30's*, but one thing about the Titans remake that caught my eye was its portrayal of a fearsome sea monster called a kraken.

I mention this because for more than a year now I've been brainstorming tattoo ideas. In contrast to my Washington self that was moody, anxious, and socially awkward, I envision my Northern California self to be moody, anxious, and tattooed.

The problem is, that while I wanted to be inked with something dramatic and threatening, it seems that my South American soccer player genes just will not allow the type of biceps explosion required for very much artwork. As a concept, the kraken was ruled out.

However, friend of the blog Greg, who also happens to be one of San Francisco's best-respected tattoo artists, works down the street from my apartment and is always offering hook me up. He and I came up with a piece that would both fit on my body and cause would-be iPhone thieves to think twice:




































Needless to say, I'm looking forward to leading my basketball league in rebounding this year, and to getting way more high fives from Hell's Angels.

*I will only watch or endorse movies with at least a high 80's score on the Tomatometer, like Cries And Whispers. Cancel your weekend plans and rent that one immediately!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks like "Abli the Racist Dragon"

Unknown said...

Sam-My dear friend....I have been left speechless!