...involves waking up at the break of dawn, cycling 16 miles to Marin County, and catching the sunrise from Mt. Tamalpais.*
During the early 1900's, there was a scenic railway trip up the mountain - and it was billed as "The Greatest Sightseeing Trip on Earth." Writer Sir Arthur Conan Doyle allegedly visited in 1923, and called the episode the most "glorious experience" of all his travels. That's high praise from the batty Englishman, but I'll venture to say that the excursion will not disappoint. The primary goal is the East Peak, which rises to about a half mile above sea level, presenting its guests with panoramic views and strong gusts of wind. But there are miles and miles of additional hiking and biking trails, each offering their own treasures, so the day shouldn't consist solely of ascending to the summit.
*OK, so I drove.

2 comments:
HAHAHA! I was so impressed to think you biked all that, I was mentally calculating how you couldk've left at the crack of dawn but reached the top in time to catch those pics, lol.
Gorgeous.
really great pictures, but I could only click the first one! What's the deal?
Post a Comment