For Pete's sake, will you people stop telling me to read Freakonomics?

Just calm down, everyone.  It will happen, but it will happen on my schedule.

Here's what I can deduce about Freakonomics from the dozens of blubbering recommendations to read it that I've heard: It's, like, really good, and it's about, like, everything.  I don't doubt the validity of suggestions from close friends/co-workers/bus weirdos, but the problem here is that there are other things ahead of Freakonomics on my reading list.  For instance, today I picked up The Nine, because let's be honest - I'm not sure that we were technically allowed to elect a black president.















Fear not: after I finish this one - and then Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched The World after it - I promise to read Freakonomics, blow my load, and then shamelessly push the book on everyone I encounter.  

No comments: