The Penny Arcade

I met my girl in the penny arcade
Her hair was short, and her jeans were frayed
I'd been in the back, playing pinball a while
When I caught her pausing, alone, in the aisle
As I ran up the score, she scored with her style
Her feigned indifference quickly betrayed

My girl and me, at the penny arcade
She cheered me on every game I played
I was going to win her the biggest prize
And light the flashbulbs in her eyes
Then she'd grab my hand, and I'd advise
That we go and get our portraits made

Good times, at last, in the penny arcade
She'd briefly left, to find lemonade
I smiled to myself as I finished my game
When she returned I would ask her her name
"It suits you - it's lovely!" I would exclaim
Now I just wondered what had her delayed

I lost my girl at the penny arcade
I didn't see her go 
But I wish she'd have stayed

No comments: