Who is this weirdo walking on the left side of the sidewalk!?

He's coming right at me!!

What is he thinking? He has to see me, right?

I shouldn't panic, but what other options are there?! They don't teach you how to deal with things like this at evening M.B.A. school!!

Agghh!!!! I'm running out of time to react!!!

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew.

That was close.

Ok. Alright. I'd better take a moment to just take stock of things here.

Oh - well wait a second...what's this skateboarder doing??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the point of this post? Does it contain a lesson? Is it just a whimsical account of some event? What is it?

I don't mean to sound as if I'm implying there isn't a point. I don't mean to sound rude in other words. Since you took the time to write this you must have had an intention. I'm just curious what that was.

Thank you.

S.M. said...

If you are an avid reader of ABI, then surely you are aware that the primary interest of the blog is behavioral science.

This last post takes on a petty annoyance of my own - people walking on the 'wrong' side of the sidewalk/path - and makes it even more irrational. To me, the thought of a very nervous person edging his way uncertainly along on the sidewalk is a very funny image.

So it's either that, or I had a few minutes to kill before Rock of Love came on.

Sean O'Neill said...

I see. Thank you.