You know what I can't stand? When people get up in the morning and think that because they are up, they have free reign to make as much of a racket as they want, because if they're up, everyone else ought to be, too. These smug dog walkers/cell-phone talkers/car horn honkers always seem to be right outside my window, and today was no exception. I was able to snooze through some of the early morning noise, but by about 2:00 PM or so I couldn't do any better than a few looping moments of half-sleep before getting interrupted again.
Eventually I gave up on any more shut-eye and just laid there, wondering why there was three-fourths of a pizza in bed with me, messin' up my sheets and what not. Did I make that last night? It looked kinda funny, like it was cooked in a frying pan.
I hadn't had any breakfast yet, though, so this wasn't exactly a huge problem per se. Plus, I'd left my tv on last night, and The Adventures of Pluto Nash looked like it was about to start on USA. Good timing!
I only had one little fire to put out. Luckily my cell phone was within reach so I could call in sick to my shift at AutoZone. There was no way I'd be able to wash my face and brush the crumbs off the jeans I'd worn to bed, and still have enough time to drive 15 blocks to make my 3:00 start. Life's too short to be in a rush all the time. Besides, I figure I've earned some time after all the 10-minute breaks I've skipped.
So I've got the whole day ahead of me, and it's a blank canvas. I think I remember the weather forecast...wasn't it going to be sunny and hot out today? I'd get up and open the blinds to check, but now my leg fell asleep. If I can re-position myself...like so...yeah, that's more comfy. I'll just wait a few moments to regain feeling. No harm in turning the volume on the tv down while I wait, or in shutting my eyes halfway.

No comments:
Post a Comment