Apparently you have not seen my New Year's Eve outfit. I expect it to induce all manner of head-scratching shrieking amongst the ladies when I walk into the room later tonight. I can't mention the specifics, but I can say that it involves shoes, pants, a shirt, a vest, and a tie. And possibly also a wristwatch. (If only I had a bottle/dispenser/roll of whatever is the newest Axe body spray product...then you'd practically have to put a warning label on me!)
Around this time of year, a lot of people ask me, "Hey, what's-your-bucket, do you have a New Year's resolution?" What these people don't understand is that when you are in denial about all of your problems, it's hard to commit to changing anything. This year, however, is different, because I've wisely picked something exceptionally trivial: I resolve to learn one or two new ways to tie a tie. My poor knot-tying habits have led to some pretty crooked ties over the years, but that's all about to change.
In time for tonight, even (hopefully).
Who knows - maybe 2009 won't be so bad after all?

No comments:
Post a Comment